Permanent Makeup FAQ
What is Microblading & Permanent Makeup (PMU)?
Microblading is a way of implanting pigment into the skin using a manual hand tool with tiny needles which creates thin realistic hair strokes for the most natural appearance. Microblading is a form of Permanent Makeup which is also considered a Cosmetic Tattoo. Imagine waking up to perfectly groomed brows everyday without having to worry about smudging, smearing or disappearing brows.
Who would benefit from Microblading?
- Anyone with sparse eyebrows
- Those will little time to apply makeup or active lifestyles
- Allergies to conventional makeup
- Alopecia, Trichotillomania or Thyroid issues
- Thinning brows due to the aging process
- Loss of brows due to Cancer treatment
- Anyone who wants to enhance their natural look
Who is NOT appropriate for Microblading?
- Pregnant or nursing
- Diabetic (prone to slow healing & infection)
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A pacemaker or heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Auto Immune Disorder (due to medications for treatment, pigment will not retain)
- Psoriasis or skin irritations near treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc)
- Accutane within the past year
- Existing permanent makeup on brows (it must be completely faded)
- Extremely oily skin & large pores (oil diffuses the pigment creating a softer look)
- Super thin & vascular skin (Rosacea, severe reddening of the face)
- Deep wrinkles in the brow area (hair strokes will not lay properly in the creases)
Does the application hurt?
Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable where as other clients report no discomfort at all. A combination of 2 anesthetics are used – a topical numbing cream and then a local anesthetic is introduced once the procedure has started. This is topped up regularly during the treatment to keep you comfortable.
What will they look like immediately after the procedure?
Your brows may be a little swollen and tender. This is all very normal. They will be considerably darker for the first week before they begin to fade out to a softer color. Please view our detailed aftercare instructions here.
Can I have my brows Microbladed if I am pregnant or nursing?
No, you cannot have cosmetic tattooing done if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How do I book an appointment?
The process begins with a Consultation. If you are coming from over 2 hours away, you may do a phone consultation. See the instructions for your Virtual Consultation here. You cannot do your consultation and procedure on the same day. Some candidates are not a good fit. We cannot set aside the time on the same day since it may not work out for you. You may book your Consultation online via the Appointments tab.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept CASH and CREDIT CARD (VISA/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover) & CareCredit payments only. The credit card must be present and in your name. Read the policies for rescheduling/cancellation fees.
What should I consider when scheduling the Cosmetic Tattoo procedure?
- Botox 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after your procedure.
- Allow 14 days after procedure to go on a vacation (to a sunny location).
- You cannot be pregnant or nursing!!!
- Avoid the sun and tanning bed exposure for 3 weeks before & after your procedure. Tanning while healing will blur and darken the hair strokes.
- You must be off Retin-A & Retinols for 7 days prior to your appointment and
- You may be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle. You may want to avoid scheduling your appointment during that time.
- Avoid working out (heavy sweating) for 10 days after the procedure. Sweat is salty and salt pulls pigment out of the skin and will cause poor pigment retention.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs and saunas for 5 days after the procedure.